This page is a place for you to find EDI resources which we hope you will find relevant and of interest. Please email us and let us know if this is the case or if you have any other suggestions you may find of interest.
Diversity and Inclusion
General information and sites which cover EDI in all it’s forms which may be of interest.
- Allyship – (further information NHSE&I)
- Inclusion within the NHS – Yvonne Coghill
- Making the difference: Diversity and inclusion in the NHS – Kings Fund
- NHS Employers – Diversity and Inclusion – Building a diverse workforce
- NHS Employers – Creating a personal, fair & diverse NHS
- NHS Leadership Academy – Inclusion, Equality and Diversity
- NHS Workforce Race Equality Standard
- The AHSN Network – the business case for diversity
Staff networks provide an opportunity for a group of individuals to come together to share ideas, raise awareness and support each other. The following are some resources from our NHSE/I staff Networks and information on how to set up your own staff network.
- NHS England & Improvement – Details of Staff Networks
- NHS Employers – Information on Setting up a Network
- LGBT+ Network
NHSE/I Disability and Wellbeing Network (DAWN)
- Let’s Talk About The Myths Around Employing Disabled People | Jane Hatton | TEDxWales
- Meet Barry O Donovan (Blog)
- Meet Linda Wylie (Blog)
- Recommended Reading – the best books on disability
- ‘Sticks and Stones may Break my Bones but Words will Never Hurt me’ by Barry ODonovan (Blog)
- What is the social model of disability? – Scope video
- Workforce Disability Equality Standard
NHSE/I Menopause Network
- NHSEI Menopause Group Welcome Letter
- NHSEI Menopause Awareness Training Pack
- ‘Why is the Menopause relevant in the workplace?’ By Jacqui McBurnie
- Menopause for Partners
- Complete Menopause Advert Calendar
- World Menopause Day (Blog)
Allyship is an important part of a cohesive and effective workforce. Please click here to download our Allyship Toolkit PDF.
The purpose of this toolkit is to support individuals, managers and leaders to recognise situations where bias may have impacted his or her decision-making, behaviours and how that might impact others. Please click here to download our Unconscious Bias Toolkit PDF