The NHS is an organisation full of people from diverse backgrounds and as such we are totally committed to ensure that inclusion, equality and diversity is at the heart of everything we do.
We advocate inclusion and participation for everyone, upholding diversity, fairness, and individual choices. We value difference.
We provide a range of programmes and events designed to enable staff to develop and excel in their roles and to realise their full potential and promote good leadership skills at every level.
Working closely with different inclusion networks within the Midlands region to understand the local need we deliver a variety of programmes such as:
Stepping Up Programme – The Stepping Up programme is a leadership development programme for aspiring black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) colleagues who work within healthcare (the NHS or an organisation providing NHS care).
Ready Now programme – Ready Now is an innovative, inspirational positive action programme which will enhance your skills, knowledge and ability to succeed. Aimed at senior BAME colleagues who wish to develop towards board level positions, or a significantly more senior role.
- Inclusion within the NHS – Yvonne Coghill 24 Oct 2014
- My Ready Now programme experience: Cavita Chapman
- NHS Leadership Academy – Inclusion, Equality and Diversity
- NHS England – Workforce, Equality and Inclusion
- NHS Employers – Diversity and Inclusion
- NHS Employers – Building a diverse workforce
- NHS Employers – creating a personal, fair and diverse NHS