- This event has passed.
This masterclass will consider the impact of long-term conditions from a public health perspective. Designed to support Primary Care Networks (PCN’s) and other health and care professionals working in population health, participants will build their knowledge and skills within this area as well as:
- Develop skills in strategic planning for community based programmes for chronic long-term conditions and its implications on public health
- Inform health care workers, carers and family members who live or work with people with chronic condition in self-managements and self-care to bring about life-long change.
- To help people with long term chronic conditions regain their confidence, mobility, and return to exercise levels to improve and maintain their quality of life and functional independence
- To get guidance on how to re-navigate their way through the changes in the Health and Social Care system that have occurred post COVID
Topics to be covered within the session include perspectives on health (WHO, Public health and Allied Health); social determinants of health in relation to chronic health conditions and health promotion and self-care strategies in long term health conditions.
- Understand population health in relation to long term chronic condition.
- Begin to understand the role that social determinates of health have on community based services in long term conditions.
- Develop confidence in apply self-help & self management techniques in chronic long term conditions at primary care level.
- Ability to train others in self-help techniques in chronic conditions at primary care level.
Date and times:
Monday 31st October 2022; 10am – 12.00pm
Who can attend the programme?
All NHS staff from Primary, Secondary and Social Care
Is there a cost to participants?
No, the programme is fully funded by NHS England
Dr Patricia Smith
This offer will close on the 17th October 2022 (or earlier if places are filled). We will confirm your place by email after this date.
Any special requirements?
If you have any special requirements please do not hesitate to get in touch with our team at [email protected]
Questions about this event?
Organiser : Leadership and Lifelong Learning Team