- This event has passed.
Clinical Leadership Career Coaching CPD Programme
What is it?
This is a Continued Professional Development offer for experienced coaches who meet the eligibility criteria and wish to be part of the CLCAS offer for NHS England & Improvement
Our interactive training for experienced Coaches, who are on local Academy / regional coaching registers, is being offered in the form of Continuing Professional Development and quarterly Supervision. The Career Coaching CPD training takes place over 2 ‘live’ online half-day sessions, plus one 60 minute recorded session, available to watch in the participants’ own time.
Coaches will then be matched with participants from specifically ‘clinical’ cohorts of a variety of Leadership Academy programmes such as of Nye Bevan, Aspiring Medical Director Programme or the Aspiring Director of Nursing Talent Scheme.
Role of the Coach
Coaches are expected to support a minimum of one coachee, consisting of a minimum of four sessions of Career Coaching over a 12-month period. All coachees are participants, past and present, on NHS Leadership Academy development programmes.
The task of the coach is to support the coachee in reflecting on their career and help them explore their future career pathway including leadership and moving towards Board roles. Coaches will also help them examine potential barriers, gain knowledge and utilise their skills towards Leadership progression.
- You hold a recognised coaching qualification to Level 5 and can provide evidence for example ILM or CMI Level 5 (if you have questions on the required qualifications, please get in contact)
- You have experience coaching at a senior level in the NHS
- You are currently on a Local Leadership Academy (LLA) or Regional Coaching Register as an active coach, adhering to your LLA Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) for operating on the register
- You continue to improve your practice by participating in (coaching related) Continued Professional Development (CPD) and Supervision, and if asked can provide evidence of this for the last 12 months
- Upon acceptance you will participate in the CPD identified (2 x half-day on-line live sessions and an additional Zoom follow-up session) and any future training required
- You will participate in the programme Quality Assurance and evaluation processes
- You have the support and agreement of your line manager to fully participate in this service.
What is CLCAS?
The Clinical Leadership Coaching and Advisory Service (CLCAS) was launched by NHS England and NHS Improvement in late 2019 and began in February 2020 with the aim of:
– Coaching aspiring clinical leaders to better understand their career path; take a planned approach to their careers that helps them secure leadership roles and utilise their skills, abilities and values
– Equipping aspiring clinical leaders with tools and resources that give them the best opportunity of securing an executive role and aid them in successfully navigating the appointment process to board
– And ultimately increasing the number of clinicians in senior executive roles
This multiagency and multilevel plan aims to address the barriers and leverage the enablers that clinicians encounter in stepping into senior executive roles.
for more information on CLCAS please direct queries to: [email protected]
there are 2 dates you must complete if successful in your application:
- Wednesday 18 May 2022 09:45 – 12:45
- Wednesday 25 May 2022 09:45 – 12:45
How to apply:
- Click the going button below and register your details.
- Then download the below application document and complete all fields required and return by email (scanned versions are acceptable if needed however you may prefer to complete, save to your computer and attach to you email) to: [email protected]
By submitting your application it does not guarantee you a place, as there are only 25, however the talent team will be in touch with you with the outcome of your application and should you not be successful this time around, you will be kept on a waiting list if you meet the criteria.
Application form below:
Questions about this event?
Organiser : Midlands Leadership & Lifelong Learning Team