- This event has passed.
The Patient Voice: Patient and Public Involvement
As local NHS services transition to Integrated Care Systems and professionals adapt to working across regional boundaries, organisations have been offered an opportunity to look at new and different ways to work to improve the overall health and wellbeing of people in their local area. This means it is more important than ever to enable patients and the public to get involved in service development. Patient and public involvement (PPI) is not only beneficial to services, but also empowers individuals, and leads to better relationships with the local community. The aim of this masterclass is to provide delegates with a strong foundation on which to build their confidence in engaging patients and public within their professional practise.
This virtual masterclass will:
- Explore delegates’ current understanding and application of PPI
- Provide a regulatory background for PPI in primary care
- Use theoretical frameworks to explore how PPI benefits your service and individual practice
- Share the experiences of people who are empowered by PPI
- Explore established tools and techniques to improve PPI within your service
- Discuss the challenges of PPI
- Enable delegates to identify and design meaningful involvement
The masterclass will be interactive and alongside learning new tools and techniques, it will allow delegates to identify their own skills and knowledge base and share best practice with other professionals. It provides a supportive environment for professionals to ask questions about PPI and share any challenges they have experienced through previous engagement efforts.
Jen Rogers and Lauren Chaffey (Involve North East). Involve North East, are an organisation with over 20 years’ experience of PPI within Newcastle, Gateshead, and the wider North East region. They have an excellent reputation for delivering high quality engagement work to aid development of local NHS services.
Date and Time:
9 March 2022; 09.30-12.00
If you have any special requirements, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our team at [email protected]
Questions about this event?
Organiser : Leadership and Lifelong Learning Team