Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent ICS and PCN Leadership development programme Masterclasses- The leader as developer of talent
The masterclasses are a series of standalone presentations covering a variety of topics. Each masterclass is 2.5 hours long and colleagues can pick which ones to attend.
The leader as developer of talent – Thursday 3rd November 1-3.30pm
The leader as developer of talent
This module draws upon extensive studies of how effective leaders develop the talent in their teams. It starts from a recognition that talent comes in many forms. The role of a leader is tor recognise it, nurture it and enable people to apply it for the benefit of patients and the organisation. The content includes:
- Why historic approaches to talent identification don’t work (linear versus systemic thinking)
- How to help direct reports take greater accountability for their own self-development and career management
- How to recognise when people outgrow their current job role
- How to hold a powerful developmental conversation
- How to work with strengths and weaknesses
- How to develop your own emotional intelligence and that of your team members
Questions about this event?
Organiser: Jackie Bryan & Phillip Masuwa