- This event has passed.
Complete Leadership Series – Shaping your Workplace Culture
This workshop is part of our Complete Leadership Series, creating a great team culture, to help you target areas of development leaders and managers have identified as top priorities right now.
About the session:
Shaping Your Workplace Culture is aimed at leaders who are new to line management or in the first year or two in a line management role.
What will be covered:
Participants are welcomed from clinical or non-clinical backgrounds to this 2-Hour online session which will:
- Help you to understand what workplace “culture” is
- Describe what behaviours are required to deliver a compassionate & collaborative culture (Michael West 2017 Kings Fund)
- Introduce the model of Radical Candour (Kim Scott)
- Realise your preference & potential to influence in the workplace
- Provide some easy tools and techniques for influencing and negotiation
- Describe how to influence without authority
- Highlight ten top tips for influencing workplace culture
As the NHS moves to a more collaborative style of leadership through the development of integrated care systems, there is a greater need for all leaders to deliver change through influence rather than authority. This session will enable you to move forward with confidence to influence through a range of approaches and techniques.
The session will require a short piece of pre-work in the shape of a questionnaire about influencing preferences which you will need to complete and bring with you. There will be opportunities to work in pairs/small groups with a range of engaging exercises and to learn from one another’s experience.
Who is this session for:
The NHS Leadership Academy provides leadership development for people of all backgrounds and experiences across health and care.
If you are unable to attend any of the sessions above please register via our Expression of Interest page, this will help us to understand the demand for our programmes and plan accordingly. You will also be notified when we release new dates for this workshop.
If your circumstances change and you can no longer attend, please email midlands.leadershipacademy.nhs.uk
The session will be delivered virtually
About the facilitator:
With a career in the UK’s National Health Service spanning over 22 years, Dawn served 4 years at Board level both as CEO and Director in Primary Care. Managing Director of a Management Consultancy for 18 years, she has worked with Healthcare Boards and Executive Teams. As a qualified Executive and Business Coach she has coached Senior Leaders, Executive Managers, & Clinicians to improve self-awareness of themselves as Leaders and their professional and personal development issues. She has facilitated Boards and Teams to scope out strategy; develop high performing teams and changes in leadership behaviour
Dawn is qualified as a coach to Post Graduate Diploma level. With an empathetic approach she works sensitively with clients to understand and enable them to break through obstacles, which may be preventing progress. Having undertaken additional training in embodied coaching techniques she employs a range of approaches to suit her clients. She is an approved facilitator of Motivational Maps; Developing Leaders in Health (DLIH) 360; and the My Leadership Strengths Quick Prioritisation Tool (QPT) with considerable experience in 360-degree feedback.
A member of the European Mentoring & Coaching Council (EMCC) Dawn develops her coaching practice using the Council Ethical Guidelines; taking regular supervision to reflect and develop professional standards. She is also trained as a coach supervisor and is in the process of seeking accreditation with the European Mentoring & Coaching Council (EMCC).
Dawn is currently working as OD Business Partner to NHS Cheshire CCG as part of the Executive Team and has facilitated events for the team and the Governing Body. Her recent experience is helpful in understanding the fast pace of change in today’s NHS. Other recent coaching and facilitation roles include:
- Provision of bespoke OD support to the Executive Team, Governing Body and Local Commissioning Boards at NHS Black Country & West Birmingham CCG
- Programme director for several recent Leadership Programmes at East Cheshire NHST, Airedale NHSFT; Calderdale & Huddersfield NHSFT; NHS Cheshire CCG; Grange & Lakes PCN
- Preferred Partner for the Delivery of PCN Development Interventions at North West Leadership Academy
- Coaching GP Leaders and Senior Clinicians on the Merton & Wandsworth Clinical Leadership Programme
- Team Coaching & Personal Coaching for North West Leicestershire GP Federation Directors
- As part of Healthskills Leadership Development Programmes in NHS Trusts Dawn has worked with a range of Senior Consultants, Nurses, and Other Allied Professionals
Questions about this event?
Organiser : Leadership and Lifelong Learning Team