Complete Leadership Series – Influencing without Formal Authority
This workshop is part of our Complete Leadership Series, leading and influencing in teams and systems, to help you target areas of development leaders and managers have identified as top priorities right now.
About the workshop
Focussed on providing participants with an understanding of how to influence and lead when they lack formal authority or the feeling of power, to build participants confidence to understand the power and influence they have and arm them with practical tools to take back to their teams.
What will be covered:
This virtual workshop provides some protected ‘headspace’ and ‘thinking time’ to consider:
- How can I grow my confidence to use my power and influence, even if I don’t have formal authority?
- What are the differences between leading in a hierarchical context and influencing across teams and wider networks?
- Which aspects of my work are best achieved through a conventional management approach and which aspects require a more networked approach to leadership?
- How do I decide when a formal or more informal approach to influencing might work best?
- What are my key challenges in influencing beyond my sphere of authority?
- How do I apply this learning to my everyday work?
Who is this session for:
The NHS Leadership Academy provides leadership development for people of all backgrounds and experiences across health and care.
If you are unable to attend any of the sessions above please register via our Expression of Interest page, this will help us to understand the demand for our programmes and plan accordingly. You will also be notified when we release new dates for this workshop.
If your circumstances change and you can no longer attend, please email [email protected]
The session will be delivered virtually
About the facilitator
The workshop will be facilitated by Dr Jeanne Hardacre, Founding Director of Impact4Health, which is a specialist leadership, OD and culture change consultancy. Jeanne has 25 years of experience working alongside health and social care practitioners, clinicians, leaders and managers to develop behaviours and cultures which support high quality care
Questions about this event?
Organiser : Leadership and Lifelong Learning Team