- This event has passed.
“By developing individual strengths, guarding against weaknesses, and appreciating the strengths of other types, life will be more amusing, more interesting, and more of a daily adventure than it could possibly be if everyone were alike.”
– Isobel Briggs Myers
People often ask us:
- How can I understand more about myself and others?
- How can I build stronger relationships with my team members?
- How can I enhance my own personal effectiveness and performance?
- How can we improve the communication in our team?
Once you have an understanding of what makes you really tick, then your whole world will look different. Not only will it lead to greater self-acceptance, but it will also help you accept and value the differences of others.
The purpose of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) is to make sense of people’s behaviour, which often comes across as seemingly random variation, when it is in fact actually quite orderly and consistent due to basic differences in how individuals prefer to use their perception and judgment.
When you understand your Type preferences, you can approach your own work in a way that best suits your style, it can help you better understand the culture of the place you work, develop new skills, understand your participation in teams, and cope with change in the workplace.
This workshop is aimed at helping you understand more about your own and others communication preferences. As well as supporting personal and professional development, what you learn from this workshop will help your team work more effectively together and be more successful when facing communication challenges.
What will be covered?
- What makes a high performing team?
- Introduction to MBTI® Type characteristics
- Identifying your MBTI® preferences and recognising others
- Creating a Team MBTI® – strengths and development opportunities
- Exploring Type dynamics and communication differences
- Team action planning
Delegates will learn how to:
- What the MBTI® type characteristics are and understand more about your preferences.
- How to recognise other team members’ communication preferences and how you can improve relationships.
- The value that you bring to a team and know what makes a high performing team.
- What you can do to support implementing a team action plan that focuses on enhancing team communication.
Who is this workshop for:
The NHS Leadership Academy provides leadership development for people of all backgrounds and experiences across health and care.
If you are unable to attend the session above please register via our Expression of Interest page, this will help us to understand the demand for our programmes and plan accordingly. You will also be notified when we release new dates for this workshop.
If your circumstances change and you can no longer attend, please email [email protected]
Questions about this event?
Organiser : Leadership and Lifelong Learning Team