- This event has passed.
About the session:
What makes an effective team? How, as a leader can I help build an environment of trust, respect and psychological safety?
This 2-hour workshop will provide team leaders with a comprehensive interactive guide to developing their team using Lencioni’s team development model. It combines theory and practice with particular emphasis on the role of the manager in creating psychological safety and role modelling trust in their team.
Attendees develop the confidence and capability to create high performance within their teams, to include:
- Appreciating the role of the team leader in role modelling creating psychological safety within the team
- Sharing best practice with peers of experience in building trust within teams
- Undertaking and interpreting assessments using the Lencioni team questionnaire
- Applying theory and practice with a range of activities, including Kilmann’s Conflict Mode Instrument
- Signposting to key resources – Amy Edmondson, Michael West, Neil Greenberg, Martin Seligman
- Access to a ready toolkit to implement the programme after the session
Objectives of the workshop:
- Develop understanding of Lencioni’s team effectiveness model
- Gain confidence in assessing your team’s effectiveness using Lencioni questionnaire
- Appreciation of trust building with peers
- Applying the model with your teams
- Delivering a range of team development activities
- Tools, techniques and tips to embed in everyday working
- Planning implementation of approaches with your team
Who is this session for:
The NHS Leadership Academy provides leadership development for people of all backgrounds and experiences across health and care.
This session would be particularly suited to Leaders/managers of teams, at all levels, both clinical and non-clinical, who are committed to building the performance of their teams.
If you are unable to attend any of the sessions above please register via our Expression of Interest page, this will help us to understand the demand for our programmes and plan accordingly. You will also be notified when we release new dates for this workshop.
If your circumstances change and you can no longer attend, please email [email protected]
About the Facilitator:
Suzanne is an organisational development specialist and NHS nurse by background. In her most recent NHS role, at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Trust, Suzanne developed a 6-month development programme for managers to create high performance with their teams.
Questions about this event?
Organiser : Leadership and Lifelong Learning Team