Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent ICS and PCN Leading Strategic Innovation In Health and Well-Being – Supporting Holistic Health through Integrated Care Systems cohort 3
Well-being is consciously understanding the impact the natural highs and lows of life have on our ability to be well, and resilience is what enables us to positively bounce back. In order to live a well and resilient life, we need to be armed with the skills to navigate them positively. Our ability to be well impacts every aspect of our lives, enabling us to perform at our optimal in and outside of our workplaces. Organisations who understand this concept and are able to embed the many intersectional layers of well-being into their culture realize every person’s potential. Just like a plant needs light and water to bloom, people also have fundamental needs which enable them to flourish.
Research suggests that when organisations put their people first, they create a thriving culture where every person can be and do their best. This, in turn, supports collective well-being, resilience and creates first-class service outcomes. Well-being and resilience can’t operate effectively in silos. Adopting an integrated systematic approach enables a wider-reaching impact, leading to meaningful progress and lasting change.
The purpose of these workshops is to provide an understanding of well-being and resilience at an individual level, creating collective well-being and resilience at a team level, developing a culture of positive well-being and resilience at an organisational level and creating positive strategies at the system level.
Workshop 1 – Through the individual lens
- Understand and benchmark personal holistic well-being and resilience
- Use your benchmark as a gauge to measure your levels
- Learn the skills and tools to take proactive action
- Learn techniques to boost your well-being and resilience
- Identify your enablers and blockers Identify the importance of a life-work balance and learn how to maintain it
- Craft effective strategies
- Generate action plans and learn how to build positive well-being habits
Workshop 2 – Through the team lens
- Create a communal and shared approach to building collective well-being and resilience
- Encourage conversations around well-being, resilience and health
- Identify and build support mechanisms
- Gain a conscious understanding of the shadow you cast and how to model healthy behaviours
- Explore positive team cultures that support well-being and resilience
- Explore how job crafting can support well-being, build resilience and generate optimal work outcomes
Workshop 3 – Through the organisational lens
- Building Resilient People & Workplaces
- Developing a realistic perspective
- Learning how to navigate ambiguity and uncertainty in life and work with confidence
- Learn how to embrace the mess and magic of change in a VUCA world
- Understand how to feel comfortable when navigating uncomfortable experiences
- Explore positive organisational cultures that support well-being and resilience
Workshop 4 – Through the system lens
- Developing a system science approach to well-being
- Integrating well-being and resilience strategies
- Measuring and collating individual, collective and organizational well-being data
- Measuring what matters
- Bridging well-being and resilience with operational. tactical or strategic objectives
- Decision making through the lens of well-being
The programme is delivered through four 2-hour workshops for four cohorts. Colleagues are expected to participate in all 4 sessions.
Cohort 3 – 7 September, 12 October, 9 November, 7 December 13.30-16.00
Questions about this event?
Organiser: Jackie Bryan & Phillip Masuwa