- This event has passed.
Religious Literacy, Chaplaincy & Culture: Elements of Multiplicity in The Workplace
As employers encounter new challenges involving expressions of religion, beliefs and culture in the workplace, new research shows that HR professionals and employees have vastly different perspectives about what it means to practice one’s faith at work.
This workshop will look at how organisations can promote an understanding of faith in the workplace that goes beyond just polices and by developing an appropriate culture. It will specifically address the key role of HR, learning development specialists, line managers and chaplains among others who have a key role to support staff.
We know that when staff practice their religion or express their beliefs at work, it can positively impact workplace interactions, employee engagement and team performance. In this session, you will learn how to:
- Appreciate different religions and cultures
- given religion’s huge diversity have a ‘basic’ knowledge to support staff
- Develop an agreed definition of religious literacy
- Share good practice from others
- Understand how you can use your role to promote the importance of faith and at work
- Understand the importance of faith in health and well being context of employees
- Learn to sensitively approach the diversity of religion and beliefs already at large in the workplace
- Help to develop inclusive leaders with religious literacy
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in creating an inclusive workplace, including employers; HR managers/officers; equality leads, staff networks chair and members, wellbeing officers; senior managers; consultants; trade unions, staff network leads and representative groups in the Midlands.
Questions about this event?
Organiser : Wendy Walker