- This event has passed.
PCN Masterclass: The Leader as a Developer of Talent
As the development of PCN’s gathers a pace it is important that we look to develop our skills and leadership capacity across the region. To this end we are running a series of Master Classes, to be delivered virtually throughout March and April of this year. Each class will explore key facets of the leadership challenge and is delivered by a subject expert. The overall aim is to improve confidence founded on a greater understanding of what it takes to make a great team. Subjects covered will include diversity, talent management, teamship, courage and change with delegates being given access to a learning portal containing many tools and support materials which can be applied in our daily lives.
Delegates joining the programme will:
- Have a clear understanding of leadership and effective management within an organisation
- Learn practical strategies to develop the ED&I agenda across the region
- Explore the challenges and opportunities facing career progression
- Recognise the key components of a high performing team and the foundations of Teamship
- Study the importance of Effective Followership in developing a dynamic culture
- Improving leaders’ ability to inspire others, to access courage and empower those around them
- Explore strategies to handle emotions, make conversations safe and improve communications
The programme is highly engaging, practical, and relevant. Delegates will have the opportunity to work on a service improvement initiative of their choice, benefitting from the support of the wider group. The programme qualifies for formal CPD points allocation (3 points per Masterclass).
The Masterclasses are open, and recommended for all Clinical Directors, Board Level, Practice Managers, PCN Managers, Nurses, Business Managers, Nurse Practitioners, Physicians, General Practitioners (GPs), Dentists, Pharmacists, Paramedics, Mental Health Professionals, and ARRS roles. There are a maximum of 40 delegates spaces at each masterclass.
The Master Classes themselves are delivered by Votive Leadership Development Consultancy Ltd and Excellence in Action, two outstanding external organisations who bring a broad breadth and depth of experience to the topics covered. Both are members of the national NHS Leadership Academy and are well versed in the unique challenges facing Primary Care at this present time.
Masterclass 4: The Leader as a Developer of Talent
People are our primary resource and it is important that we create environments where our talent is nurtured and given the opportunity to flourish. In this masterclass we explore:
- Why historic approaches to talent identification don’t work (linear versus systemic thinking)
- How to help direct reports take greater accountability for their own self-development and career management
- How to recognise when people outgrow their current job role
- How to hold a powerful developmental conversation
- How to work with strengths and weaknesses
- How to develop your own emotional intelligence and that of your team members
Confidentiality & GDPR
Data contained in the Expression of Interest form will be treated as confidential. Identifiable details will not be shared with any other parties, with the exception of the Votive Leadership Consultancy Limited. Votive Leadership Consultancy Limited will share with NHSE/I anonymised themed information. By completing the form below, you are agreeing for NHSE/I to share your personal/professional information with Votive Leadership Consultancy Limited.
Questions about this event?
Organiser : Phillip Masuwa