PCN Clinical Director Professional Leadership Coaching Programme
This programme is being delivered in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and the ambitions of the recently published NHS People Plan. With a growing population and people living longer, often with long-term conditions, and health inequalities, the demand on local health services is ever-increasing. To meet this increased demand, Primary Care Networks [PCNs] are to become the building blocks to every Integrated Care System [ICS], allowing community, mental health, social care, hospital and voluntary services to work together to enable greater personalised, compassionate, inclusive, coordinated and integrated health and social care. This system will require a different way of working, different relationships and new roles for general practice and primary care.
NHSE/I Midlands Leadership & Lifelong Learning Team is providing a fully funded programme of 3 x 90-minute professional leadership coaching sessions, to support Clinical Directors [CDs] of PCNs working in the Midlands. The coaching is provided by Beyond Coaching and their Leadership Coaches.
Coaching offers a confidential and supportive environment for CDs to:
- consider their own leadership style and challenges
- focus on their CD leadership role
- understand and lead change
- explore collaboration and system working
- clarify what it will mean to be successful and support the integration of the health and care system.
- Have the headspace to work through challenges and opportunities related to your leadership role.
- reflect on and develop the collaborative, compassionate and inclusive leadership skills that are key to success.
- increase personal insight, enabling you to build your confidence, build on your talents and play to your strengths.
- increase understanding of personal resilience and how to deepen it.
Coaching is particularly relevant when individuals are faced with change, challenges, opportunities or options. It is relevant for those who want to review where they are now, consider how they would like things to be different and plan next steps. Coaching is about developing and utilising personal insight, taking action and looks to the future; it will help you to identify what is important that would extend satisfaction and fulfilment and how you will achieve it. During coaching, you will have a chance to appreciate the skills and experience that you have accumulated, deepen your existing competencies, and identify and clarify opportunities for change to be even better as a leader.
Coaching will be provided by a highly qualified, and experienced professional Leadership Coaches.
You will need to commit to three virtual, 90-minute, one-to-one coaching sessions, to be started in mid-November 2020 and completed by the end of February 2021.
Coaching is a confidential 1-to-1 relationship with a professional coach who works with you to clarify your goals and help you to determine how to best achieve them. It sounds simple and indeed it is, however, in this increasingly busy world, very few people, particularly in primary care, have time to stop for long enough to reflect, gain clarity, and achieve their purpose. Coaching is about many things, however, principally it is about behavioural change that benefits the individual, at work and at home, and in the results that they achieve.
Coaching will support you to:
- identify clear goals and objectives you want to achieve
- understand yourself at a much deeper level and use this to influence your own behaviour and communication towards others in order to achieve better outcomes
- increase your resilience and motivation
- reduce stress in order to achieve your goals more quickly
Coaching is not therapy or counselling. Coaching is almost entirely a forward-looking process that helps you get from where you are now to where you want to be, and to do so faster than if you were working on your own.
Eligibility Criteria for this Coaching Support
Funding is being provided by NHSE/I Midlands Leadership & Lifelong Learning Team. To be eligible for this programme, you must be:
- A CD of a PCN in the Midlands
- Able and willing to commit to three virtual coaching sessions of 90-minute duration before the end of mid November 2020 to end by February 2021.
- Want something to be different for yourself (even if you are not sure what that is).
Confidentiality & GDPR
Data contained in the Expression of Interest form will be treated as confidential. Identifiable details will not be shared with any other parties, with the exception of the Beyond Coaching Team. Beyond will share with NHSE/I anonymised themed information. By completing the form below, you are agreeing for NHSE/I to share your personal/professional information with Beyond Coaching and their Leadership Coach Team.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for a place on this coaching programme, please complete the Expression of Interest Form below by 27th October 2020.
By completing this form below you are agreeing for NHSEI Midlands Leadership & Lifelong Learning Team to share your personal/professional information with Beyond Coaching and their Leadership Coach associates in line with GDPR.
Places are limited to 33 and we expect to be oversubscribed.
Applications will be considered on a first-come first-served basis.
Places will be allocated equally across the Midlands.
If you have any questions about this coaching offer, please contact NHSE/I Midlands Leadership & Lifelong Learning Team by email: [email protected]
If you are allocated a place on this coaching programme, coaching session dates will be agreed personally between you and your allocated coach.
On behalf of NHSE/I Midlands Leadership & Lifelong Learning Team and Beyond Coaching, we look forward to receiving your Expression of Interest.
Questions about this event?
Organiser : Phillip Masuwa