Leading Strategic Innovation in Health and Well-being – Cohort 2
The programme is being delivered in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and the ambitions of the Long-Term Plan and NHS People Plan. Throughout the pandemic, leaders have had to operate beyond their comfort zone. Leaders at all levels have risen to the challenge in what has been an unprecedented year for the NHS. We need to recognise this talent; unleash their potential and we can do this through the power of mentoring. For this to be effective, individuals need to be upskilled in the delivery of Health and wellbeing -led interventions. For example: developing their leadership capabilities who are compassionate, inclusive and distributive; to support innovation, new ways of working and sustainability; and support them in developing behaviours that enable them to deal with issues of equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the current context.
The purpose of these workshops is to provide an understanding of well-being and resilience at an individual level, creating collective well-being and resilience at a team level, developing a culture of positive well-being and resilience at an organisational level and creating positive strategies at the system level.
Four Micro workshops have been designed by Growth Pod to provide training on how to Lead strategic innovation in health and well-being. The focus will be on supporting holistic health through a system lens.
Growth Pod is an organisational development and leadership training company who specialise in developing individuals, teams, and organisations to positively navigate through our emerging and changing workspaces.
At the end of these workshops’ participants will have explored well-being and resilience through:
- The individual lens
- The team lens
- The organisational lens
- The system lens
Dates and Times
- Tuesday 5th October, 1pm-3pm
- Thursday 4th November, 10am-12pm
- Wednesday 15th December, 6pm-8pm
- Tuesday 18th January, 3pm-5pm
Workshop One – Through the individual lens
Building a strong Well-being and resilience culture requires each person to take personal responsibility. In this session we will start with exploring this topic at an individual level. By doing so we build individual capability. In this workshop we will explore the following outcomes:
- Understand and benchmark personal holistic well-being and resilience
- Use your benchmark as a gauge to measure your levels
- Learn the skills and tools to take proactive action
- Learn techniques to boost your well-being and resilience
- Identify your enablers and blockers
- Identify the importance of a life-work balance and learn how to maintain it
- Craft effective strategies
- Generate action plans and learn how to build positive well-being habits
Workshop Two – Through the team lens
Psychologically safe teams are one of the greatest influencers when it comes to avoiding burnout in the workplace. In workshop two we will study team responsibility in building well-being and resilience by exploring the following outcomes:
- Create a communal and shared approach to building collective well-being and resilience
- Encourage conversations around well-being, resilience, and health
- Identify and build support mechanisms
- Gain a conscious understanding of the shadow you cast and how to model healthy behaviours
- Explore positive team cultures that support well-being and resilience
- Explore how job crafting can support well-being, build resilience, and generate optimal work outcomes
Workshop Three – Through the organisational lens
Well-being and resilience can’t operate effectively in silos. Adopting an integrated systematic approach enables a wider-reaching impact, leading to meaningful progress and lasting change. In workshop three we will view well-being and resilience through an organisational lens by exploring the following outcomes:
- Building Resilient People & Workplaces
- Developing a realistic perspective
- Learning how to navigate ambiguity and uncertainty in life and work with confidence
- Learn how to embrace the mess and magic of change in a VUCA world
- Understand how to feel comfortable when navigating uncomfortable experiences
- Explore positive organisational cultures that support well-being and resilience
Workshop Four – Through the system lens
Lasting change requires a change of culture and unified values, in workshop four we will explore the following outcomes which will complete our system view of well-being and resilience:
- Developing a system science approach to well-being
- Integrating well-being and resilience strategies
- Measuring and collating individual, collective and organizational well-being data
- Measuring what matters
- Bridging well-being and resilience with operational. tactical or strategic objectives
- Decision making through the lens of well-being
Is there a cost to participates in the Programme?
No, the Programme is fully funded by the Midlands Leadership and Lifelong Learning team
Do we need to attend the 4 days of the Programme?
Yes, but there are occasions where we accept apologies, for example for not attending due to unforeseen/unexpected important events
Who can attend the webinar?
Any who works in Midlands Primary Care or System
Will the webinars be recorded and available for me to view later?
Each live session will be recorded and uploaded into the eClassroom. This will allow any
participants who are unable to attend live, access to the learning session, and for delegates to
replay the sessions should they wish. (This is a request we have regularly which enables
students to re-visit the topic and further embed their learning). But we encourage you to join in the live discussion at one of the sessions to get the most out of this opportunity
Places are limited to 25 and we expect to be oversubscribed.
Applications will be considered on a first-come first-served basis.
Places will be allocated equally across the Midlands and East of England
Questions about this event?
Organiser : Phillip Masuwa