Complete Leadership Series – Leading inclusively mini-series
What is it about?
We continue to lead through challenges in the Covid and social world. Living with complexity, uncertainty, ambiguity and volatility as new ways of working emerge, compassion for ‘others’ can often be overlooked. Leaders need to think about their role in this changing landscape. Additionally, making relationship-based leadership work in the virtual world has created the need for more networked and inclusive leadership skills.
This workshop series, in three parts, is not just for Diversity and Inclusion leaders but for all leaders. It is about what you ‘do’ as a leader to create a socially inclusive culture and not who you ‘are’ as a leader.
- In Workshop 1, we will explore what ‘otherising’ means, we seek to appreciate difference and understand bias in all its dimensions and drivers. Learning to take an appreciative & positive approach we will use various models and tools to use your curiosity, to understand and emerge challenges around cross cultural dimensions and how to build a bridge of trust with others, with empathy and sensitivity.
- Workshop 2 builds on the theme of understanding, to focus on communication and messaging and to be an active catalyst for an inclusive culture. We will explore how to recognise micro-aggressions, how to generate agency, supportiveness and allyship in others and how to be an active bystander through interventions. Developing the courage to lean into difficult situations, developing the skills for adaptive styles of communication and messaging are all themes of this workshop.
- Worksop 3 focuses on facilitating inclusively to support social justice and will help participants to build their understanding of the concept of social activism and explore change. It will also explore approaches in leveraging digital platforms to bring about positive change, whilst considering the diverse needs of our audiences. All of this can be considered and applied to the participants own context.
Whether it’s about your colleagues, patients, service-users or carers, you’ll learn, as inclusive leaders, how you can lead by example and develop a culture of appreciation for diversity and the challenges of also working in a virtual world.
Each workshop will last for 3.5 hours, with breaks, and we will use a variety of models and break-out techniques for you to explore challenges and barriers and develop a personal plan. This programme is not to teach you about ‘difference’ but to help you to lead with what makes us all unique and stronger together.
Dates to attend:
You will need to attend all 3 webinars to be able to complete this programme.
- Module 1 – Leading inclusively and appreciatively – 26th January 2022 09:30 – 13:00
- Module 2 – Leading with cultural sensitivity – 10th February 2022 09:30 – 13:00
- Module 3 – Facilitating inclusively to support social justice – 22nd February 09:30 – 13:00
Who can attend?
This session is aimed at emerging leaders.
Emerging leaders: For those in front-line and operational management roles looking to improve and enhance their leadership capability
How is it run?
delivered via zoom
Is there a cost?
No, this has been funded by Midlands Leadership and Lifelong Learning.
- This programme requires a small amount of pre-work that will be an essential part of the session.
- It is interactive and participative so participants will be requested to have cameras and mics on and engage in discussions.
Questions about this event?
Organiser : Naomi Porter