Complete Leadership Series – Leading conversations to build resilience
What is it about?
These are unprecedented times with conversations dominated by the impact COVID-19 has had on our already stretched systems. We are juggling work and personal lives that are more disruptive, stressful, and ever changing with often increasing demands. This 90-minute leadership session is for anyone who wants to know how to manage sensitive conversations in a way that will be supportive of their teams and colleagues when working under pressure.
As Chartered Psychologists we draw upon current research to share evidence-based practice tips and techniques. As well as hearing from an expert perspective, you will be invited to share experiences in small groups and each commit to an action. By taking your learning back into the workplace you are building your own skills and confidence as well as supporting others.
What will be covered?
During the session we will be:
• Exploring factors that influence an individuals’ ability to manage the challenges of extreme pressure
• Identifying ways to create a safe space for supportive conversations when dealing with individuals who are experiencing symptoms of stress/anxiety/depression/burnout
• Discussing ways to provide feedback and support for staff experiencing symptoms of stress/anxiety/depression/burnout
• Taking a personal perspective on how to maintain boundaries and look after yourself
• Sharing learnings and discussing strategies to encourage staff to engage in support services when appropriate
Alicia Pena, Chartered Counselling Psychologist
• PsychD in Occupational Health Psychology: Doctoral research “An exploratory study of the facts influencing individuals’ recovery and ability to return to work after experiencing stress, burnout, anxiety or depression”.
• Experienced clinician working with individuals dealing with range of mental health problems, including trauma and burnout. Now working in the prevention of these conditions to contribute towards developing resilience.
Sarah Law, Chartered Occupational Psychologist
• Highly experienced facilitator across multiple sectors including Health, Rail, Pharma, Construction and Tech
• Post-graduate qualifications include Psychotherapy, Organisation Development & Applied Behavioural Science, Coaching
Who can attend?
This session is aimed at emerging leaders.
Emerging leaders: For those in front-line and operational management roles looking to improve and enhance their leadership capability
How is it run?
delivered via zoom
Is there a cost?
No, this training has been funded by Midlands Leadership & Lifelong Learning and is free for attendees.
Questions about this event?
Organiser : Naomi Porter