Complete Leadership Series – Influencing and Negotiating Skills
What is it about?
The workshop will ensure that delegates are confident in recognizing and accepting difference, whilst skilled in creating connections across the system, influencing and negotiating beyond their authority and managing any fear or conflict to a successful outcome. The workshop will provide an opportunity to role model networking.
Having completed this programme, participants will:
- Be aware of different types of power and authority and how these relate to dispersed leadership and positional authority
- Have considered these concepts in the context of their own professional world and personal viewpoints
- Understand the different ways in which people respond to perceived conflict and have reflected on this in relation to their own leadership impact
- Have analysed their own natural influencing style and how this impacts upon others
- Have had the opportunity to learn some practical tools and approaches to influencing and ‘moving mindsets’
- Participated in a ‘skills lab’ session to consider the application of these tools and approaches to real life, current influencing challenges
- Be able to distil their learning from the session
- Convert this into clear aims and next steps for the use of the content of the session in their own professional context.
Who can attend?
This workshop is for Leaders, though it may be most beneficial to those with line management responsibility.
How is it run?
This is a half day virtual workshop designed to develop leaders with the necessary skills and behaviours to support delivery of high quality and efficient services that leads to better outcomes for patients, improved health and well-being in local communities and greater staff engagement and satisfaction.
Is there a cost?
No, this has been funded by Midlands Leadership and Lifelong Learning.
- This programme requires a small amount of pre-work that will be an essential part of the session.
- It is interactive and participative so participants will be requested to have cameras and mics on and engage in discussions.
Questions about this event?
Organiser : Abigail Conran